Mark Manson is an author, blogger, and entrepreneur. He has published two books; “Models: Attract Women Through Honesty” and his latest best-seller “The Subtle Art of Not Giving F*CK.” His second book is a reaction to the self-help industry and a culture of mindless positivity that isn’t helpful for most people. His take is refreshing and profound.
His blog at MarkManson.net has grown to over 2 million visitors and his open, transparent personality translates well to those looking for a no-nonsense, yet uplifting perspective to achievement and life goals.
We discuss with Mark his entrepreneurial background, his motivations to write “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*CK” and what he thinks needs fixing about the self-development industry.
Tidbits from the show:
- The book isn’t about indifference. It’s about choosing what matters.
- Making a ‘crap-load’ of money does not make you happy and can actually create more problems than fix.
- Survivorship Bias is an infatuation with persistence over success. Sometimes it’s best to quit! Success is like buying a lotto ticket and we can do things that increase the chances of it working.
- Pain and suffering make for better art, but not entrepreneurs.
- Work through the ‘loser’ ideas to find the winners. Be open to them all.
- Marriage and commitment get a bad rap. It has unspoken benefits.
- Having an actual life outside of your business will 100% make you better in your business.
- In the second segment listen to the Feedback Loop from Hell. It all starts with judging yourself. Again; it’s in the second segment.
- There are some very important merits to negative self-talk.
- Your feelings don’t actually matter as much as you think.
- Overconfidence is your own certainty is also a dominant trait in sociopaths and criminals. Consider that idea before you justify anything. What if you are wrong?
- Curiosity is a remedy for the confusion.
Any MANY more. Listen to the episode to see what I mean.
Purchase Mark’s Books HERE.
Visit MarkManson.net to sign up for his blog and to engage directly with him.
Urbia Exchange has three benefits for real estate investors:
- Inventory: Gain access to thousands of assets, ready for immediate purchase from within our Exchange.
- Opportunity: Network and associate with proven experts in the field of real estate investing. The founders of Urbia Exchange have over 50 years of combined experience in the wholesale / investment market.
- Education: Make your decision-making process easier by utilizing our Toolbox, and real-time due diligence tools for industry-specific insight and analysis.
Visit UrbiaExchange.com for more information!
Gnarly Nutrition is where you find all that great, non-GMO nutrition-based supplements that you hear about on this show. At GoGnarly.com use the Coupon Code RulesofSuccess for 25% at check out.
RulesofSuccess.com is where you can access the three pillars of any successful project:
- The right info.
- The right guidance.
- The right community.
It all starts with my 12 Week Success ToolBox that you can access for FREE. You’ll also be given a chance to join our Private Facebook Community The Annex: Rules of Success starting at just $1.