According to studies, around 50% of the population in the U.S. over the age of 12 are interested and listened to podcasts. This modern platform has essentially transformed the scenario for audio content, empowering and redeeming both listeners and creators. What is the future of podcasting? You are the right place to know the details about modern podcasting and its imminent opportunities.
Why are podcasts so popular now?
In an era of visual culture and swift technological progressions, the popularity of this meek medium of the podcast looks surprising. Major reasons are:
Multitasking opportunity: A major reason for the popularity of podcasts is their ability to save time for the listeners. Several studies found out that usually, people listen to audio blogs at their houses while traveling, at the gym, or while walking out. This implies that those who listen to podcasts are performing multitasking a majority of the time. Studies have shown that this multitasking pattern is the same across multiple locations across the country.
Easy access to the latest ongoings across the globe: With the ever-competitive market due to the emergence of media giants to the podcast world, the quality, and vastness of the content offered in podcasts is enhanced significantly. Stats and studies show that a major chunk of users who listen to these podcasts are interested in news. To be updated to the latest ongoings, people listen to podcasts on the same day or the next day and the majority of people listen to complete podcasts without stopping them abruptly. This is a huge opportunity, isn’t it?
Hub of Entertainment: Along with access to the latest ongoings and interesting topics, many listeners listen to podcasts when they feel the need for entertainment. There are multiple podcast categories such as food, music, thriller stories, sports, hobbies, etc are the major podcast topics that are highly listened to. Podcasts are highly entertaining since they offer highly diverse formats to the listeners. Availability of different video and live shows, fiction and non-fiction stories, conversations, interviews, late-night talks, etc is a feast to listeners. All these aspects make podcasts highly widespread in the current era and also have a great chance for further progress.
What is the future of podcasting?
- The adaptations of podcasts are set to increase in huge numbers. There are already great innovations in the content present in podcasts due to the acceptance of listeners across multiple locations. Many such innovative podcasts have been recognized and have been felicitated across the globe for their soaring popularity and quality.
- Data offers marketers a huge opportunity to offer innovative content. In the podcast segment, data-driven marketing is the new silver lining, as podcast creators can use these data insights to get a better knowledge of their listeners.
- A significant portion of listeners will listen to a complete podcast meaning that listeners are interested in the engaging contents. Clever speakers will take the levels of podcasting to extreme levels. Studies found out that one of the major reasons why people are ready to listen to a complete podcast is they did not want to get back to their phones again. Interesting right?
- Some engaging live shows get back listeners, creators, and marketers collectively, aiding podcasters to have a great unison that is responsible for the growth of the segment. Such networking events offer content makers an opportunity to mingle with some significant speakers, podcast peers from other channels, and similar brands. With a combination of advanced technology and techniques, live podcasts will let hosts and listeners join like never before via creative Q&A sessions, phone-in debates, contests, or live podcasts that are going to rock the market shortly.
- But voice technologies are not limited to only creative speakers. Some of the advanced podcast voice assistants have given for swift and easy access to podcasts and music if you have an account. Shortly, voice business will nurture, reaching listeners like never before, as more investors will focus on offering a modified experience.
- Traditionally content marketing had to find a clear way out of the poor contents piled in the stack and offer the best quality content to reach the crow innovatively. But due to the steep rise in technology and awareness among listeners, the podcast industry has no marks on this due to the quality content reaching the listeners due to the advent of the platform in recent years after content marketing was modernized. This medium usually draws a unique type of audience as reports have shown the podcast listeners are effective professionals, college graduates, and entrepreneurs.
- The range of listeners will grow because of the introduction of advanced technology like Artificial Intelligence. Advanced AI translates audio to various languages while holding the same voice. Audio can now be translated into another audio without converting it into the text as a transitional medium. It consists of three steps of translation and it targets to curtail all the mistakes. When this technology will reach a large chunk of the audience, it will give a golden opportunity for podcast creators to gain over both local and global listeners.
- More investors are getting interested to launch podcasts as the fame of podcasts has made them a great medium of brand marketing. However, podcasting can also be utilized effectively to enhance brand awareness, outline an optimistic brand image, link with your spectators, and ultimately convert them into profitable sales.
Grab the Mic Media is a creative podcasting consultation and production company that analyses and pulls guesswork out of the podcasting experience, takes your raw audio, and turns it into a podcast that will enthrall your listeners. The firm generates a sound, a narrative, and a product precisely that is engineered to your target audience and partner with you to know how to employ various marketing strategies to reach and grow your listening audience. We support our esteemed clients right from the beginning to generate a sound, a direction, and a narrative crafted to produce successful and sustainable shows.